Stamp Review Crew: Nuts About Squirrels
The Stamp Review Crew is having another amazing blog hop! We are a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the globe who will bring you lots of ideas featuring one stamp set each hop twice a month! The 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, you can hop along from one blog to the next gathering all kinds of inspiration for one Stampin' Up! stamp set.
If you are following the hop in order you just arrived from Debra's BLOG where she showed you all something fabulous and inspiring! The crew is featuring the Nuts about Squirrels Photopolymer Stamp Set item #156475 from the Stampin' Up! Catalog May 2022 - April 2023 Stampin' Up! on page 50.
Are you nuts about stamping? We are, too! And it’s easy to go nuts with the Nuts about Squirrels Stamp Set. This set features two cheeky squirrels that will look adorable scampering across any of your projects. Create a scene using the acorns, leaves, and tree branch. Mix and match the greetings with the images to create cards for birthdays, get well, and thinking of you. Use the Two-Step pieces to add color to your squirrel, add texture to your leaf, or to create a multicolored acorn. Or if you’re feeling especially artistic, you can color the squirrels using your favorite coloring techniques. No matter where you live in the world, you can customize these critters to match the fauna outside your house. Red, gray, brown—these creatures are just plain cute no matter their color.
This is a Two-Step Stampin’ set; it allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want.
* 13 photopolymer stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, b, c, d
I am back with a card for the Crew today. It is a simple but a cute little card! Perfect for casing. I adore this stamp set the squirrels are so cute!
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- Cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 with the Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer score with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool at 4 1/4, fold on scored line and press down with the Bone Folder creating a card base.
- Cut a piece of Petal Pink card stock 4 x 5 1/4. I stamped on it with the retired Birch Background Stamp. Adhere to the card base front.
- Ink the outline stamp from Nuts About Squirrels in Early Espresso and stamp onto the Whisper White card stock. With the next stamp ink it in Soft Suede; stamp off onto a piece of scratch paper before stamping onto the Whisper White card stock. Ink the pieces for the acorns in Crumb Cake and stamp off again onto scratch paper then stamp onto Whisper White card stock.
- Using the Stampin' Cut Emboss Machine and Deckled Rectangles Dies and die cut out the stamped Whisper White card stock. Cut a piece of Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper. Adhere to the Petal Pink card stock at angle. Adhere the Whisper White card stock at angle to the Petal Pink card stock.
- Wrap some Linen Thread around the top of the layers. Adhere the layers to the Early Espresso card stock.
- Ink the stamp from Nuts About Squirrels in Petal Pink and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. Die cut it out using the Stampin' Cut Emboss Machine and Painted Labels Dies. Adhere the label to the top of the card.
- Finish by adding some Brushed Metallic Dots.
If you are starting here you'll want to head on over now to Charlets' s BLOG were she has something fabulous to share with you! You are gonna love it!!
<----PREVIOUS BLOG NEXT BLOG---->
Thanks for hopping with us! Have questions or comments please feel free to email me or leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from my readers!
Please note: Scroll to the bottom after clicking the image, you also may need to log into your account to leave a comment.
Want to purchase the items I used? I have them listed below, click on the images below to add to your cart or
Order On-line 24/7