Share Your Moment: This is Me + Big News
Hello and welcome to my blog Rubber Redneck!
I am so excited you are here and I have lots to share with you all. I don't know if you have heard about the Stampin' Up! Share your moment campaign but I thought it was a great opportunity for my readers to get a chance to know me.
Some of you may know me or for those of you that are new to my blog or maybe you don't know me, this is me! I live in northern Mn in a small town ... well it's not as small as it was when I was kid. lol I live with my husband Jamie and our Silver Lab pup Ghost; he is a stinker and takes up a LOT of my energy and time. I started out scrapbooking which then turned into getting hooked on stamping.
I attended my first Stampin' Up! party 21 years ago and loved their matching card stock and ink a scrapbookers dream! Man has the industry come a long way since then. Hahaha A few years later I decided to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and as they say the rest was history! March marks 19 years I have been with Stampin' Up!. Not only do I love to scrapbook, create cards and gifts for others I love the friendships I have made over the years, the places I have been able to travel to I probably wouldn't have done that if it hadn't been for Stampin' Up!. My first time on a plane was to travel to Florida for my first Stampin' Up! Convention; it was amazing!! I knew no one and I had that newbie look of dazed and confused. When a group of ladies saw me and invited me to sit with them who turned out to be from MN too. Dontcha know we always find fellow Minnesotans everywhere we go? We had a pretty good laugh over it and I made great friendships that day.
Not only am I Stampin' Up! demonstrator I also run several of our other business. My husband works on video games, apps, makes websites, logos, graphics, pamphlets, website maintenance and computer maintenance. We have had the opportunity to make websites for Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence, Churches, Law Offices, Photographers, Detail Shops, Flooring Places, Furniture Stores, Fitness, Senior Health, Memorial/In Memory and create websites for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators too. Jamie also gives talks and teaching at the local area schools too.
In 2020 we officially launched Northern Creek Designs! We love building things and over the years have made lots of gifts out of our "wood shop". We started getting requests to make furniture and signs so one thing led to another we decided to take the plunge and launch a business. It's pretty exciting to know you made something and it's in someone's home bringing them joy! You can currently find our products on Etsy.
We also offer house maintenance service too; we do winter checks, shovel off roofs, fix broken things, food deliveries you name it we've pretty much done it! lol My parents also have a cattle farm that we help out with as well.
When we are not working 24/7 you can find us spending time hanging out with family, cheering one of the nieces or nephews on. When were not doing that then we are out in the woods camping, hunting, fishing, puttering with my flowers/garden or if I am really lucky in the hammock with a good book!
Big News + Changes
Onto my exciting news! We've had lots of things going on in our life the last few years but we are now finally back to where I can start sharing my projects again. I took last year off kinda to just get back into crafting for me as I was stuck in a rut. I realized I needed to do that if I was going to continue to be a demonstrator. After taking the year I decided it is time for a blog refresh and also a change from how and what I was sharing before. Change is good, change is how we learn and grow. So below is kinda a rough outline to what you can look forward to and once things start I will post more details on the designated post.
- New Blog: I do have a new blog coming hopefully soon we will be done with it. Provided I don't change my mind again Oy!! lol Once it is done I will start the process of moving us over to the new blog and it will be awesome! I will post about it when it will start.
- Weekly Giveaways: I wanted to pay it forward I have had such great customers/readers who have stuck with me through everything and I wanted to express my thanks by having a weekly giveaway here on my blog. Stay tune next week this will be starting. Your gonna love it!!
- Weekly Customer Promos: Every week I will post a new hostess code along with a new customer reward for the week. In the past I did this on a monthly basis but decided I am changing it up to weekly.
- Weekly Scrap Project: I will be sharing my scrapbooking projects please note the big change in this is I will no longer exclusive use Stampin' Up! products for this. This is my personal album and I no longer want to be restricted to one company only. It honestly kills my creativity for my personal album + our products pair awesomely with other companies. One of my goals this year is to use my stash like many of you I have so much stuff to use!
- Weekly Color Combo: Once a week I will have a new color combo to share with you all. Big changes are coming to what was formerly know as the color round up. I am excited about this new change too. I will be posting one later today too!!
- Classes: I will be offering Stampin' Up! classes again. Major change is these will be classes to go for the time being. The online class system I had before made some major changes and no longer had a gallery so we've been trying to figure out what to do. Some of the options available are extremely expensive so that is in limbo right now until my new blog is set up.
- More of Me: I will be sharing some of my other interests on here not just my stamping stuff. For example, recipes I've tried, book reviews, place we've camped at and of course there will be pictures of my puppy.
This is just some of the things I have planned. Stay tune for all that is to come and I hope you are excited as I am about the changes!