Hey Love Kids Valentine Bags
Hello! Today I am sharing how I decorated some gift bags for valentine's day. Yes, yes, I know Valentine's Day is over; however, we didn't get to see all the kids before Valentine's Day due to family schedules and I didn't want to give away this surprise. Plus, did you know it's so easy to decorate pretty much anything with just some stamps, ink and dies? You can file this idea away for next year or use this idea for and upcoming wedding, baby and etc. There are so many possibilities!
Every year I try to come up with something fun for the kids to make Valentine's Day extra special for our nieces and nephews. This year we did valentine themed cloths for the little one's so I need to figure out what to create for them besides a card. Light bulb idea, decorate one of the thousands of gift bags I have left over from our Year of Gifts Idea. I used the Hey Love Cling Stamp Set and the Be Mine Stitched Framelits for the Occasions Catalog.
This is the Hey Love Cling Stamp Set item #148644 from the Occasions Catalog and it is my FAVORITE!! These adorable little critters are spreading love everywhere! I'll be showing you later on how to use this set outside of Valentine's Day so be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss out on any blog posts!
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- First using the Stampin' Up! Journal Pens I drew heart beats on the bag.
- I cut a piece of the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (Sale-A-Bration item). Adhere to the bag between the drawn lines with the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
This is the GORGEOUS Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper item #149622 from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. It's Sale-A-Bration Time! For every $50 (before shipping and tax) you can pick a Level 1 item or for every $100 (before shipping and tax) you can pick a Level 2 item!
- Using the Be Mine Stitched Framelits I die cut out a heart in Real Red, Basic Black and Granny Apple Green.
- Ink the stamp from Hey Love Cling Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and stamp onto the Real Red heart and adhere to the bag with Stampin' Dimensionals. Adhere the Basic Black heart to the gift bag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ink the stamp from Hey Love Cling Stamp Set in Granny Apple Green Ink and stamp onto the Granny Apple Green heart. Adhere to the bag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Tie a piece of 3/8 Shimmer Ribbon Basic Black onto the handle.
To create the heart die cuts, I used the Be Mine Stitched Framelits item #148527 from the Occasions Catalog. Create die-cut hearts in all shapes and sizes in record time with Framelits dies and the Big Shot. Dies have stitching and scalloped details. You NEED these framelits they are da bomb!
For the girls bags I used Gorgeous Grape and the boys got the Granny Apple Green Bags.
Have you heard? Stampin' Up! has created the new cling stamps! Cling stamps feature the same quality rubber stamps you’ve always loved and they now come with highly adhesive image labels. The benefit is that they will cling like crazy to clear blocks so you don’t have to worry about your stamp image shifting or falling off of the block. Cling stamps make stamping easy!
Here is a video to help you assemble your new Cling Stamps
Note: Once you place the label on the stamp, it is adhered Attempting to remove or adjust the label will damage the stamp’s foam.
- Remove the paper backing from the label.
- Remove your selected stamp from the rubber sheet and remove the paper backing from the stamp.
- Line up the foam side of the stamp with the image label, then press it evenly to adhere it to the label.
- Make sure it is correctly positioned before you adhere it to the stamp.
- Remove the stamp and its newly-affixed image label from the label sheet.
- Place the stamp on an acrylic block to begin stamping.
To remove the stamp from the block, grasp securely near the image label and remove slowly. (Cling stamps stick so well that if they are not carefully removed from the block, the foam can tear.) To clean the labels, simply rinse under running water. Avoid alcohol-based cleaners.
Thanks for stopping by! Have questions or comments please feel free to email me or leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from my readers!
Want to purchase the items I used? I have them listed below, click on the images below to add to your cart or
Order On-line 24/7: Shoprubberredneck.com
Thank you for your support! Be sure to use Hostess Code V974X22Y to receive my monthly customer promotions.(Please note: Don't use hostess code for orders over $150 or more you will still receive my customer gifts).