Stampin' Up! Color Revamp
Have you heard? Stampin' Up! is doing a Color Revamp and I am doing a happy dance! Stampin' Up! is updating their core color collections as well as updating the new Ink Pads!! AWESOME SAUCE!! Of course we also get 5 New In Colors! Here are the details.
- There are still four color collections, each with ten colors. There is also a new color group called Basics.
- In order to keep the color collections exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, they moved Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White out of the Neutrals collection. They also moved a few colors into the Neutrals collection, making it more exciting and colorful (I am thrilled about this change)!
- Some additional colors have changed collections as well—you’ll notice this as you look through the new collections below. You can refer to the old and new color charts in the 2018-2019 catalog when it’s released on June 1.
NEW CLASSIC STAMPIN' PADS
In addition to new colors, Stampin’ Up! redesigned their ink pads. The case is a new, more intuitive design and they improved the formula of the ink, as well! I tried the new design at Onstage and they are FABULOUS I love them!
Why the change to the case?
The case’s manufacturing mold was about to expire. Stampin’ Up! can only use a mold a limited number of times before they need to replace it, so they had to decide if they wanted to order more of the same molds or try to improve the design. They chose to improve it! Yay!
Stampin’ Up! wanted to align the updated case with the color revamp and improvements to the ink. In addition, they chose to time these changes with Stampin’ Up!’s re-branding and packaging updates. This way, when you invest in the new colors, you are also getting the new and improved ink pads at the same time!
What’s better about the case?
- Less confusing to open
- Tighter fit between the lid and the base
- Improved labels and stickers
How is the ink different?
- Reduced ink bubbles
- Smoother coating of ink on the stamp
- Improved ink coverage
You can re-ink the new ink pads with old re-inkers, you just won’t get the benefit of the defoamer that’s been added to the new re-inkers. The only exception to this is, you don’t want to use the Archival Basic Gray Re-inker on the new pads because it will ruin it.
THE NEW CORE COLLECTION COLORS
RETURNING IN COLORS
NEW CORE COLOR ORGANIZATION
FREE COLOR CHARTS
Stampin' Up! Created free color charts for us to share that is so awesome of them! You can print and save them. They also included blank ones so you can create your own color combos too! Below are all the links for the freebies they have provided.
- Color Coach Revamp – NEW colors
- Create Your Own Combinations (Blank) – NEW colors
- Color Coach NEW 2018-2010 In Colors
- Create Your Own Combinations (Blank) – NEW In Colors
- Hex value chart (the chart makes sure that any digital materials you create will show the colors correctly).
- Color labels
On May 31, 2018, thirteen colors are retiring. Be sure to order before they are gone they are only while supplies last.
- Always Artichoke
- Chocolate Chip
- Elegant Eggplant
- Island Indigo
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Pink Pirouette
- Rose Red
- Soft Sky
- Tangerine Tango
- Tempting Turquoise
- Wild Wasabi
- Wisteria Wonder
RETIRING IN COLORS
- Dapper Denim
- Emerald Envy
- Flirty Flamingo*
- Peekaboo Peach
- Sweet Sugar Plum
*Please note that while Flirty Flamingo is retiring as an In Color, it will continue to be available as part of our core color collection.
Have questions or comments please feel free to email me or leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from my readers!