Family Gifts: Valentines Day Dragon Fly Dreams
I know Valentine's Day is over but great idea for you to do next year! Get a jump start! This is another gift we created for our family members and is part of the "Year Gift" we made. If you would like to see more info about this awesome project we created and what I've shared so far click on the little tag on the left side of my blog labeled Year of Gifts or visit my Pinterest Board HERE. Follow me on Pinterest so you don't miss out on anything!
I need something that didn't include candy (some family member's don't eat candy), would work for everyone and all ages (to make it easier on me). I had seen on pinterest ages ago paper firecrackers that someone had made, inside where rolos so I thought that idea would be perfect for all the males but instead of rolos I did a roll of pennies! The chapstick holder idea I saw something similar on a blog years ago somewhere and had saved it to my idea folder. Which Stampin' Up! obliged me by coming out with a bumble bee and thinlit. I swear they were reading my mind when I was planning out the year gifts! lol Then we printed out the fact sheet for Valentine's Day.
The kids loved them! It's a very inexpensive gift too! I had a little under a $1 into this gift.
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- You will need a roll of pennies. Cut a piece of Real Red card stock big enough to fit around a roll of pennies and to over lap the end.
- Punch out a piece of Gold Glimmer Paper with the 3/4" Circle Punch.
- Cut a piece of Black Pipe Cleaner and wrap around a pen or pencil to curl it.
- Punch a hole through the Gold Glimmer Circle and run the piece of Black Pipe Cleaner through it. Then attach to the roll of pennies with a Glue Dot.
Paper: Gold Glimmer, Real Red
Acc.: 3/4" Circle Punch, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat
Misc: roll of pennies, black pipe cleaner
My next project used the following items.
This is the Dragonfly Dreams Photopolymer Stamp Set item #142924. This came out last year and when I saw this I was soo excited as I love Dragonfly's! It is a gorgeous set!!
What makes this set even more awesome the matching Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits item #142749!! I LOVE these!!
We have lots of chap-stick lovers in our family so I thought this idea would be perfect! I thought the Burt's Bee Chap-Stick was perfect for this little gift! lol
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock the exact width of the length of the chap-stick you purchase.
- Take the bumblee bee image from Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set; ink it in Daffodil Delight and stamp onto the Whisper White card stock.
- Zip a piece of Basic Black card stock through the Big Shot with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits die cutting it out. Tip use the Big Shot Die Brush to remove all the little pieces. Then glue over the stamped bumble bee. So cute!
- Take the stamp from Tin of Cards Stamp Set (retired) ink it in Tuxedo Black and stamp below the bumble bee.
- Ink the stamp from Sealed With Love Stamp Set (retired) in Real Red and stamp below the greeting.
- Cut a piece of Real Red card stock a little bit bigger than the Whisper White card stock.
- Glue the Whisper White and Real Red card stock together.
- Punch 4 holes using the 1/8 handheld Circle Punch through the layers.
- Attach the chap-stick to the tag with Solid Whisper White Baker's Twine.
- To finish add a heart to the bumble bee from the Metallic Enamel Shapes.
Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams, Sealed With Love, Tin of Cards
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
Acc.: Big Shot, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Solid Whisper White Baker's Twine, Metallic Enamel Shapes, 1/8 Handheld Circle Punch, Big Shot Die Brush
I had some fun Valentine Treat Bags that I got from Target's Dollar Spot. Everything was packaged into the bag and then I created a tag for the outside using the Sealed With Love Bundle that has since retired. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock. Stamped the greeting in Old Olive and the hearts in Calypso Coral. I die cut out a piece of Real Red card stock using the Big Shot. I attached to the bag with a piece of sending love ribbons (retired).
Shop On-line 24/7: Shoprubberredneck.com
or click on the item images below to add to your cart