Family Gifts: Christmas Countdown Day 11-13 + Giveaway
Happy New Year! I have lots to share with you all, as a heads up I will be posting several times a day to my blog. I want to wrap up all the christmas family gifts, December Daily, January Gifts and of course I have lots of fabulous new stuff to show you too! Since we are now at mid January I thought how fun would it be to do a special giveaway!!
Our first Rubber Redneck Christmas Leftover Giveaway is a brand new package of retired Mini Jingle Bells! These are perfect to use any time of the year and would work great for valentine's day!
Rubber Redneck Christmas Leftovers Giveaway Details:
- January 17-21, 2018 I will be randomly posting giveaways on my blog so be sure to check back through out the day so you don't miss out or subscribe to my blog!
- Leave a comment on EACH Giveaway Blog Post and your name will be entered into the drawing for that giveaway. I will be drawing a total of 6 winners at the end of this giveaway event.
- Prizes are only available to US residents only.
- Prizes are non exchangeable and non refundable.
- Winners will be announced on January 24, 2018 and the details on how to claim your prize will be posted!
- Prizes will be mailed out the beginning of February.
Today's shares are Day 11 - Day 13 of the family Christmas countdown gifts. If you would like to see all the Christmas countdown gifts check out my Family 25 Days Christmas Countdown Board on pinterest, follow me on pinterest so you don't miss out on anything!
Day #11 Gingerbread Man Day
Love that cute little gingerbread guy in the Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set!
These were all the goodies I created for the day 11 Gift. Of course I made every families a little different some how! lol I also by complete chance found gingerbread shaped cookie cutter. Some of the items can still be purchased and I have them listed below. This gift uses the Candy Cane Lane Suite from the 2016 Holiday Catalog that has since retired.
I purchased those large wooden clothespins and modgepodged the Candy Cane Lane DSP from the Holiday 2016 Catalog onto it. I added the gingerbread man from Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set onto the front. Then found a recipe on line for gingerbread cookies. We have people in our family that are also gluten free so I had to also find a recipe that was gluten free. My helper however typed up the directions wrong and I didn't catch it. Whoops lol I added the cookie recipe we found.
Little packet of coloring puzzles. I happen to find the puzzles at Hobby Lobby during my wanderings. lol I decorated a Kraft Tag a Bag Gift Bags. I decorated the bag with the Cookie Cutter Christmas and Candy Cane Christmas Stamp Sets.
I wanted to put gingerbread cookies (my favorite) in the gift but of course I couldn't find any that would keep for a year. lol So I found this idea on pinterest. Thought it was super cute! I just copied the saying I found on line. Printed it off onto Whisper White card stock and decorated.
Day 12 Christmas Jars
Man I don't know about you all but I love getting gifts like this! Jars are so fun to fill with goodies!
I filled a quart jar full of goodies! Everyone's jars were filled with different items. We did Holiday socks, candy, chap stick, $1 mittens, christmas stickers, change, travel games, and etc. I also filled them with fun christmas filler I found at Hobby Lobby. I had a blast creating these! If you want to create something like this at target and walmart they have a party isle and will have christmas theme things for little gifts for kids or hit the $1 Spot at Target. lol The front of the jar is the countdown card. I used the 25 Days retired stamp set.
On the left is the tag I created to go outside of the gift. I punched out a piece of Cucumber Crush card stock with the Banner Triple Punch. I used the 25 Days, Tin of Tags, and Project Life Date It Retired Stamp Sets.
Day 13 Jingle Bell Toss
While researching ideas I stumbled upon this fun idea of using bells and miniature cups to create a game! I thought it was a must do because our family actually has a game with these cups only you use quarters and cards so when I saw this it was happening! lol However I didn't realize how hard it would be to find little miniature red cups. We went to so many stores trying to hunt them down. It was pretty funny. The bottom pictures are the Day 13 card and gift tag. They used the retired stamp sets 25 Days and Stitched with Cheer.
The base is created out of a canvas board and 2 miniature red cups on one end to prop it up. We hot glued them on.
On the top side you lay out the cups to look like an upside down tree. Hot glue those too.
Find a decorative christmas bag and fill with christmas bells. We had enough cups left over that hubby and I made one for us to. We had a blast playing it!
Then I typed up the directions on how to play.
Jingle Bell Toss
- Each player gets 6 bells of a single color.
- Stand a few feet away from the board. Toss 1 bell at a time and try to get it into the cups.
- Bells that land in the top row of the cups are worth 2 points each.
- Bells that land in the middle row and bottom row are worth 1 point each.
- After you have thrown all six bells in your color then it is your opponent’s turn to toss their bells. Any bell that lands in a cup that already has an opponent’s bell in it cancels out the points for both bells. Once both players have thrown all of their bells the round is complete and points can be totaled.
- Continue to keep playing rounds until someone’s score totals 21 at the end of a round then that person wins.
Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas, Number of Years, 25 Days, Candy Cane Christmas, Tin of Tags, Project Life Date It, Stitched with Cheer
Ink: Real Red, Cucumber Crush, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Real Red Glimmer, Candy Cane Lane DSP, Brights DSP, Wrapped in Warmth DSP, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cucumber Crush
Acc.: Big Shot, Layering Squares Framelits, Tags & Labels Framelits, Merry Tags Framelits, Cookie Cutter Punch, Banner Triple Punch, 1/8 Handheld Punch, Brights Enamel Shapes, Rhinestones, Mini Jingle Bells, Dazzling Details Silver, Candy Cane Lane Washi Tape, Baker's Twine Trio, Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine, 1/8 Melon Mambo Stitched Ribbon