Family Gifts: Christmas Countdown Day 3 + Day 4
Back with my last blog post for the day ;) Another batch of Family Gifts for their Christmas countdown. I am pinning everything to my Family 25 Days Christmas Countdown Board on pinterest too.
It's important to write those letters to Santa so how about these AWESOME Santa Letter Board!! I made a couple of different ones so they weren't all the same. lol
The directions below are for this one but all the paper is the same measurement for all of them. Some of the product you can still purchase but some has retired. We picked up the frames at a craft store and then painted the frames. They took 2 coats.
To Create this you will need the following supplies:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Big Frame Board (I got this at a craft store)
- Delta Red Paint
- Foam Brush
- Stampin' Up! Supplies
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- Cut 1 Sheet of Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" for the background. I modgepodged this to the board.
Create a pocket:
- Cut 1 piece of Basic Black card stock 1" x 11 3/4" score at 1/2", fold on the scored line and attach the bottom of the board inside.
- Cut 2 pieces of Basic Black card stock 1" x 4" and score at 1/2" on each side. Glue each piece to the the sides of the board towards the bottom inside.
- Cut 1 piece of the Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper in a different patter 5" x 11 3/4". Glue the dsp to the basic black card stock that is facing up forming a pocket.
- Cut a piece of Gold Glimmer Paper 1" x 11 3/4". Slide so it goes into the pocket and glue to the board. This helps break up the patterns of the paper.
- Die cut out the Gold Foil Sheet using the Big Shot and Santa's Sleigh Thinlits.
- Stamp the deer in Tuxed Black Memento Ink onto Kraft card stock. Zip through the Big Shot with the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits. Color the reindeer hooves in using the Basic Black Marker.
- Stamp the trees in Emerald Envy onto Emerald Envy card stock. Zip through the Big Shot with the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits. Add Dazzling Diamonds to the tree.
- Assemble your scene and attach with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the Baker's Twine Trio Pack to make reins.
- Hot glue the Kraft Rope around the edges on the inside and hot glue a reindeer to the top right corner.
Awesome right? These were a blast to make but they do take about 2 days because of the painting. The Santa Letter slides right into the pocket. The Santa Letter I found on Pinterest and posted the PDF here for you all if you would like to print your own.
The cards for my side of the family we put on them Redneck Made Elves Inc. My family is always making fun of me and calling me a redneck and hubby said he felt like a elf so we decided to be silly one night while making gifts. This is what happens when you go on little sleep and inhale fumes. lol
I of course couldn't just keep them the same. lol
The gift tags to go on the packages. I made these using the Big Shot and Merry Tag Framelits. These were fun to make.
That was it for day 3 gift! I really loved them and hope everyone did to.
Was games for each family we found some cute games at Target and of course I forgot to take a picture of that too so all I have to show is the cards and tags we made.
Cards were made from Basic Black and Whisper White card stock. I stamped the number in real red. I took the stamp from Oh, What Fun inked in Versa Mark and poured Silver Embossing Powder over it and heat set it.
Tags for the outside of the packages. I used the Big Shot, Layering Square Framelits, Banner Triple Punch, This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper and some misc dsp, 3/8 Glitter Ribbon and Rhinestones.
Stamps: Santa's Sleigh, Number of Years, Cookie Cutter Christmas, 25 Days, Stitched With Cheer
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Emerald Envy, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Mark
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Emerald Envy, This Christmas DSP, Gold and Silver Glimmer Paper, Gold Foil Sheets, Brights DSP
Acc. Big Shot, Santa's Sleigh Thinlits, Large Number Framelits, Merry Tag Framelits, Many Marvelous Markers, Cookie Cutter Punch, Banner Triple Punch, 1/8 Handheld Circle Punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Silver Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Metallic Sequins Assortment, 3/8 Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack, Kraft Rope Trim, Baker's Twine Trio Pack, Candy Lane Baker's Twine, Candy Lane Washi Tape, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy
or click on the item images to add to your cart.