The Stamp Review Crew; This Little Piggy
Welcome to another The Stamp Review Crew Hop!! We are a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who will be bringing you lots of ideas for one particular stamp set twice a month!! The 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, you can hop along from one blog to the next gathering all kinds of inspiration for one Stampin' Up! stamp set. Please note the blog doesn't officially start until Monday August 7, 2017 so some of the links may not work.
If you are following the hop in order you just arrived from Holly Stene's BLOG where she showed you all something fabulous! We are featuring the This Little Piggy Stamp Set (W) item #143919 (C) item #143922 from the Stampin' Up! Catalog. This is such a cute little set!
On personal note.Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our family. It's been a very long journey and we still have a long journey ahead of us. My dad is still not better thus why no blog posts I just can't keep up. I'll do an update in a few days here. This is the firs card I've made in 2 months. lol Thank you again for calls, texts, emails and all the cards I am greatly touched beyond words!
When I first saw this set I knew it was one I would need to get ASAP. Why?? When I was 3 my parents started raising pigs for many, many years. My brother and I showed them in hog shows, 4-H and several time's went to the MN State Fair with our 4-H pigs. They had pigs for 27 years so it was a pretty big part of my life growing up. Lot of stories, great memories and not so great memories from winning grand champion, finding my awesome husband, loosing a pig named Sweet pea to be found months later, broken hand, loosing part of a finger and some fabulous bacon! My husband and I were dating when my parents still had pigs. Out of all my boyfriends he was the only one that ever would help with chores and cleaning barn. He was a city boy; so he won my dad's approval right off the bat. lol His exact words to me were daughter he's a keeper ya better keep that one. haha
The funny part about the set is I ended up winning it at Onstage so it was meant to be mine! lol They raised a breed called spots so that is what inspired today's card. I colored the pig to look like our spots we raised all those years.
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- Zip the Smoky Slate card stock through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I placed the card stock at a slight angle in the embossing folder to create my look.
- I inked the kisses from This Little Piggy Stamp Set in Basic Gray and stamped on the Basic Gray card stock to create a pattern look.
- I added some Pick a Pattern Washi Tape, 1/2 Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon (I cut it in half to make it a smaller strip) and some Silver Mini Sequin Trim. Love the new sequin trim!
- Stamp the pig from This Little Piggy Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Whisper White card stock. Zip it through the Big Shot with the Stitched Shapes Framelits to die cut it out.
- I used a Blender Pen and colored in the image with Powder Pink and Basic Gray Ink to achieve the spotted look. The Powder Pink is the perfect color for pigs too! Love this fabulous new in color! On the back of my circle I added some Black Metallic Thread.
- To finish I added some of Black Rhinestone Jewels (sneak peek from the holiday catalog).
The inside was kept simple. Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock. At the top some more of that awesome Pick a Pattern Washi Tape. Bottom left corner I stamped some more kisses in Powder Pink and Basic Gray.
Stamps: This Little Piggy
Ink: Powder Pink, Basic Gray, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Acc.: Big Shot, Stitched Shape Framelits, Pinewood 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Silver Mini Sequin Trim, 1/2 Powder Pink Woven Ribbon, Black Metallic Thread, Black Rhinestone Jewels, Blender Pen, Pick a Pattern Washi Tape
Now you'll want to head on over to Martha's Blog where I know you will love her project!!