Family Gifts; Family Jar
Happy Saturday Peeps!
Yes we are alive and well I've just been incredible busy and have not had time to create or post to my blog. I am in the process of several major events here that I am making decorations for, lots of regular work, work and work, tax time, plus lots of different things going on. There is not enough hours in the day! We did have my mom's retirement party it was a success and I will be sharing photos in a couple of weeks here. I am sorry I worried some of you but we are okay and I will not be posting regular till I get stuff done and caught up.
I did mail out the catalogs weeks ago so if you didn't receive one please let me know and I will check my list. Everyone who placed orders in Dec and Jan all of your thank you goodies were mailed out too!
This is another gift we created for our family members and is part of the "Year Gift" we made! If you would like to see more info about this awesome project we created and what I've shared so far click on the little tag on the left side of my blog labeled Year of Gifts or visit HERE. It is a family jar. I saw this idea last year on pinterest and thought how cool I gotta make this! The idea is all year long record the awesome things that happened and then on new year's eve read through everything. How cool right? Another demo/friend did this with her family and it's become a family tradition for them. This uses the Layering Love Stamp Set (W) item #141962 (C) item #141965 which I thought was fitting for this idea!
Supplies Needed to create Family Jar
Stamp: Layering Love
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Copy Paper
Acc.: 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Very Vanilla 1/2 Lace Trim, Gold Binder Clips, Pearls, Jar, Paint, Silhouette
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- Paint the jar lid in your color choice and let dry for several days.
- Using the Silhouette cut out the vinyl in black and attach to the front of the jar. Sorry I forgot to measure the jar. lol I got them at Target in the $1 spot last spring.
- Create a pouch to hold slips of copy paper out of the Early Espresso card stock. They don't need to be that big but I really wanted the saying on the pocket. Punch one end of the Early Espresso card stock using the 1 3/8 Circle Punch. This will make it easier to grab the slips of paper.
- Ink the stamp from Layering Love Stamp Set in Early Espresso and stamp onto the Very Vanilla card stock. Glue to the front of the pocket and added some Pearl Basic Jewels to finish it.
- At the top I clipped a Gold Binder Clip to the pocket then thread some Very Vanilla 1/2 Lace Trim through the binder clip and tied it around the top of the jar.
- Then I typed up a note to add with the jar to let each family know how the jar works.
Here is all four of them. Again I either did people's favorite colors or the color that would best in there home since I didn't know who would actually leave them sitting out. Pretty awesome I think!