Scrapbook Saddle Up Friday: Pop of Paradise Layout + New Stampin' Up! Specials
Today is the last day to leave a comment on the Rubber Redneck Creative Sparks + Giveaway HERE. Just leave a comment on that blog post and you will be entered into the drawing! The Scrapbook Saddle Up Friday's are finally back! Every Friday I will be hosting the Scrapbook Saddle Up with y'all!! It will feature a scrapbook layout to a scrapbooking album ideas along with tips, techniques and etc!! Today I have the 12 x 12 Page I shared in my Rubber Redneck Creative Sparks Video. This layout uses the Pop of Paradise Stamp Set (W) item #141578 (C) item #141581 (pg 85) in the Main Stampin' Up! Catalog.
Stampin' Up Supplies Used
Pop of Paradise Stamp Set (W) item #141578 (C) item #141581
Big Shot item #113439
Tags & Labels Framelits item #138282
Pop of Pink Designer Washi Tape item #141649
Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine item #141689
Basic Black Baker's Twine item #141682
Metallic Enamel Shapes item #141678
Regals Enamel Shapes item #141681
Gold Metallic Thread item #138401
Gold Embossing Powder item #109129
Heat Tool item #129053
Project Life Journal Pen item #135304
Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper item #141648
Whisper White 12 x 12 card stock item #124302
Basic Black 12 x 12 card stock item #121045
Whisper White card stock item #100730
Basic Black card stock item #121045
Melon Mambo Ink item #115320
Always Artichoke Ink item #126972
VersaMark Ink item #102283
Shop online for Stampin’ Up! Supplies 24-7 Click HERE!!!!!!
The Pop of Paradise Stamp Set is a great set for card making but it is AWESOME for scrapbooking!!! It's perfect for documenting all your tropical trips, zoo visits and etc. In 2013 my mom and I visited Las Vegas before heading to the Stampin' Up! Convention. There is so much to do in Las Vegas that you can never visit it all in one trip; it's really amazing all the stuff to do and see. One of my favorite places to go is the Flamingo Lagoon. I never tire looking at these birds in person.
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- Ink the pineapple from Pop of Paradise Stamp Set in Melon Mambo. Stamp onto the Whisper White page base in the top left corner.
- Cut a piece of Always Artichoke card stock and stamp the leaves in Always Artichoke creating a tone on tone look.
- Add some different patterns of Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper and Gold Foil Sheet.
- Place you pictures onto the base page.
- Wrap some Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine and Basic Black Baker's Twine around the layers.
- To create my journal area I just cut another piece of Whisper White card stock and wrote the details on it. It's important to add the date to your pages too the Project Life Journal Pen works great for writing you story and notes on you layouts!!
- I stamped the large leaf from Pop of Paradise Stamp Set in VersaMark onto Whisper White card stock. Poured Gold Embossing Powder over the image. Tapped off the excess and heat set with the Heat Tool. I cut out the leaves by hand.
- The other leaf was stamped in Always Artichoke and stamp onto Whisper White card stock then cut out by hand.
- Ink the flamingo in Melon Mambo and stamp onto Whisper White card stock. Cut out the flamingo's.
- Layer together with a bit of Gold Metallic Thread behind and you've created custom handmade embellishments!
- Ink the "words" in VersaMark and pour Gold Embossing Powder over the images. Tap off excess powder and heat set with the Heat Tool. Zip the Whisper White and Basic Black card stock through the Big Shot with the Tags & Labels Framelits die cutting out the card stock and creating a tag.
- Finish off the page by adding some Metallic Enamel Shapes and Regal Enamel Shapes.
Stamp: Pop of Paradise
Ink: Melon Mambo, Always Artichoke, VersaMark
Paper: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper, Gold Foil Sheet
Acc.: Big Shot, Tags & Labels Framelits, Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine, Basic Black Baker's Twine, Gold Metallic Thread, Regals Enamel Shapes, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Project Life Journal Pen, Pop of Pink Designer Washi Tape
For the month of September Stampin' Up! is offering 3 weeks of SPECIAL Deals!!!! Woo Hooo!!!!!!! Awesome Sauce!! The special prices below are available Sept. 8 - 14, 2016 ONLY!
Holly's Promotions & SU Promotions
New Stampin' Up! Catalog + Goodie Package
Fresh and New On-line Card Class
New In Color Club
New 2016-2018 In Color Mini Class
Rubber Redneck Monthly Inspire: Fresh Fruit
Summer Lovin' Card Class
Hostess Code: BZ7676QR
Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift!! (Please don’t use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more).