Ruffled Ribbon Tutorial
Today I am sharing the tutorial for the ruffled ribbon technique. I love making the ribbon ruffle! The 1/2 Seam Binding works the best for this technique.
1. Cut the end of the 1/2 Seam Binding for a straight edge. I leave the ribbon on the roll to start with.
2. Pull on the thread until the other threads are exposed as shown in the picture above.
3. What I found works best is to grab 2-3 strands of the thread, firmly grasp them and start pulling on the ribbon creating a scrunched look. Then continue to keep working the ribbon creating a ruffle look to the length you need.
4. Wrap it around your project then be sure to use a glue dot and attach the thread you were pulling to the back of your project. This will help keep the ribbon ruffle to stay tight. Then cut off the excess string.
5. Then it should look like the ribbon in the above picture.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!!