Halloween Haunted House Part 2 using Dark and Dreary
Today is part two of the Halloween Haunted House! I will be sharing the view and how I decorated the front of the Halloween Haunted House! To view the directions and tutorial video on how to make the base of the Halloween Haunted House go HERE. I used the following supplies to create this house~
Dark and Dreary Clear Mount Stamp Set item #120837
Friends 24-7 Stamp Set item #113218
Sanded Background Stamp Set item #109294
Big Shot item #113439
Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Sizzlets item #115951
Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder item #120175
Wicked Fun Specialty Designer Series Paper item #117400
Newsprint Designer Series Paper item #117166
Scallop Edge Border Punch item #119882
Scallop Square Extra-Large Punch item #119884
1/2 Circle Small Punch item #119869
5/8 Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon item #119752
1/2 Lace Trim Raven Ribbon item #120988
1/4 Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon item #120930
Designer Jewels Black Flourish item #120987
Build-A-Brad Pewter item #109128
Glimmer Brads Basics item #121003
Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter item #114287
On Board Shteets item #114320
2-Way Glue Pen item #100425
If you would like to purchase the supplies I used to make this project or place an order HERE, email or call me too!! Just click on the Shop Now button when on my Stampin' Up! Website
My base of the House is made out of Basic Black card stock.
1. Cut a piece of Cajun Craze card stock 4 3/4" x 7 3/4". Find the center like you did in step 1 yesterday. The center was 2 3/16; place a mark here then measure down both sides 2 1/2" and place a mark there. Then draw you line from point to point and cut on the solid line. I stamped the Sanded Background in Cajun Craze ink, then sponged the edges with Cajun Craze ink.
2. Cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry 4 1/2" x 7 1/2". Find the center, the center is 2 1/4" place a mark here. Measure down 2 1/2" on both sides and place a mark here. Then draw your line from point to point and cut on the solid line. I stamped the scroll image from Friends 24-7 in Rich Razzleberry ink I stamped the crow from Dark and Dreary in Basic Black ink, then sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink.
3. At the top I stamped the happy halloween from the Dark and Dreary set in Rich Razzleberry ink. I stamped the Sanded Background stamp over the top of it in Cajun Craze ink. In the center I added a Build-A-Brad Pewter with the 31 stamped in Cajun Craze. I added some Designer Jewels Black Flourish to jazz it up more. Behind is a piece of Old Olive card stock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, I sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. I placed Stampin' Dimensionals behind it to pop it up.
4. I cut a piece of Wicked Fun Specialty DSP, I crumbled it up then took my scissors to the edges to rough it up. On the top of it I added a strip of 1/2 Lace Trim Raven.
5. I cut the door out of Basic Black card stock at the top I round it off with my scissors. I then added a piece of DSP Newsprint, I crumbled it up then sponged it with the following inks; Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive. I stamped the
spider from Dark and Dreary randomly all over in Basic Black ink. I then curved the top with my scissors. I took one of the Basic Glimmer Brads added glue to it and dipped it in the Green Fine Supernova Glitter. I used this for the door knob. I placed Stampin' Dimensionals behind it.
6. I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock, scored it several times. I added little strips of Wicked Fun Specialty DSP then folded so it would look like steps. I attached it with sticky strip.
7. I cut 2 pieces of Very Vanilla card stock, stamped the Sanded Background in Cajun Craze over them. Then using my Basic Black Stampin Write Marker I drew lines to look like window panes. To stamp the candle I colored just part of the stamp in Dark and Dreary with my Basic Black marker. Then stamped onto the card stock. On the other piece I stamped the Spider in Basic Black ink. I then wrapped 1/2 Lace Trim Raven at the top to look like curtains. I mounted a piece of Cajun Craze card stock behind the Very Vanilla and added Stampin' Dimensionals to the back.
Stamps~Dark and Dreary, Friends 24-7, Sanded Background
Ink~Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black
Paper~Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Wicked Fun Specialty DSP, Newsprint DSP
Acc.~ Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, On Board Sheets, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Scallop Square Extra-Large Punch, 1/2 Circle Small Punch, Curly Label Extra-Large Punch, 5/8 Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, 1/2 Lace Trim Raven, 1/4 Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Designer Jewels Black Flourish, Glimmer Brads Basic, Build-A-Brad Pewter, Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter, 2-way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots