Wow Peeps dh and I had one VERY busy crazy weekend. We made some awesome progress though! Hubby got the tile laid by my parents front door FINALLY....yeppers we still have stuff to finish at the parents place from our project this fall. Then we figured out my parents new kitchen layout. Parents need new kitchen cabinets BAD but we were going to wait till after the wedding....but mom's dish washer and stove started to not work, so new appliances had to be purchased....and of course the new appliances won't fit into the openings because it's an old modeler home and a LOT has changed since it was built. Just WOW right? Yes this is going to be squeezed into everything else we have going on. I CRUMBA It's exciting though and it will be awesome when it's done! What a weekend.
I mentioned the other day that my beautiful mama is retiring! She is starting another chapter of her life and we are all so excited for her! I personally am hoping this means more apple pie ;) hehe j/k mom. This is the invite I created for her special retirement party; all 60 of these babies. The invite uses the Bundle Birthday Fiesta Photopolymer Stamp Set & Fiesta Time Framelites item #142268 on pg. 11 in the Stampin' Up! Catalog. We are having one big Fiesta!!
I can't even begin to tell how awesome and fun this set is!! I was meh about it but WOW amazing things can be done with this beauty! Of course it has a lama in it, I honestly don't understand the craze over them to me there just like goats only a bigger version nothing special. lol I don't know maybe because I grew up on a farm. Please don't report me to the lama lovers. hehe When you purchase as a bundle you can save 10%!
60 cactus and flowers die cut out thanks to hubby. He's the best I just stamped them! I ADORE that cactus!!
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
- I took the stamp from Birthday Fiesta Stamp Set; inked it in Tempting Turquoise and stamped around the edges of the Tempting Turquoise card stock.
- On the left side I added a strip of Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper.
- We printed out the wording onto Whisper White card stock. That was a little trick finding fonts and figuring out the spacing but hubby is a genius at this.
- After printing I cut them down. We printed so we could get 4 to a sheet of card stock.
- I stamped the Fiesta in Melon Mambo onto the Whisper White card stock and then stamped the little flower on the right in Crushed Curry.
- Then started the assembling process. I glued the Whisper White to the Tempting Turquoise card stock.
- At the top is the one banner that was die cut out using the Big Shot and Fiesta Framelits in the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper. Next is the Crushed Curry banner. I die cut it out using the Big Shot and Fiesta Framelits, then I stamped onto the Crushed Curry card stock.
- On the bottom left side I added the cactus and flower.
I love how it turned out and the colors are so festive! Perfect for this big celebration!
Click the images to shop on-line with me!!!
Hostess Code: DYM2C7ZB
Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift!! (Please don’t use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more).