Scrapbook Saddle Up Friday; Mini Pocket Album
Thank you all for the emails about my planner! I am happy to hear how many of you love it! I am working on all orders. I just love my planner and it has really made a big difference for me! If you missed out on the planner just view Let's get Organized Planner. I think I got through everyone's emails if I didn't answer your email please let me know. Some of you have also been asking about when I will have classes. I will be sharing some details next week about upcoming classes. We've had a lot going on around here with family and then with me just not feeling too good it's been hard to get things done. lol
Every Friday I will be hosting the Scrapbook Saddle Up with y'all!! It will feature a scrapbook layout to a scrapbooking album ideas along with tips, techniques and etc!! Today is the Mini Pocket Album from The Review Crew Hop as promised. I'll be sharing more pictures and details about this fun little album! It uses the You Plus Me Stamp Set from the Occasions Catalog.
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used
You Plus Me Clear Stamp Set item #138594
Hello Life Photopolymer Stamp Set item #137136
Big Shot item #113439
Project Life Card Labels item #135707
Adorning Accents Retired
Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack item #137719
Heart Border Punch item #133784
Itty Bitty Punch Pack item #133787
Stacked with Love Washi Tape item #137789
Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim item #137910
Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker's Twine item #137789
Basic Black Chevron Ribbon item #130010
Basic Hodgepodge Clips item #133765
Rhinestone Basic Jewels item #119246
Tag a Bag Accessory Kit item #133629
Bermuda Bay Blendabilities item #133623
Project Life Pens item #135304
Handheld Stapler item #139083
Silver Mini Staples item #135847
Basic Black card stock item #121045
Crisp Cantaloupe card stock item #131298
Memento Pad Tuxedo Black Pad item #132708
Stazon White Pad item #106960
Strawberry Slush Ink item #131178
Crisp Cantaloupe Ink item #131176
Bermuda Bay Ink item #131171
Shop online for Stampin’ Up! Supplies 24-7 Click HERE!!!!!!
Rubber Redneck Quick Shots:
This is a group shot of the mini album all apart. I hear all the time I can't make stuff like that. It's so easy to make one these!!! Honestly I just pull out the stuff I want to use and create. I really don't try to over think it because if I do then I hit a wall and can't create. This baby started out as this....
Like I said in the original post I was just going to create valentine "love notes". Do you remember get those square little notes that looked like mini postcards? That was how the idea for this was born.
* Select some card stock; I picked out Crisp Cantaloupe. I wanted to get at least 4 out of a sheet of card stock so I just figured it out to get that many out of one piece of card stock.
* I decorated them by using the stamps from You Plus Me Stamp Set. I added some Stacked With Love Designer Washi Tape to dress them up. Very in expensive and goes a long ways. Then I drew a line around the edge using the Project Life Journal Pens. Which are awesome for this!
After I got these done I started thinking how much everyone was going to love these and then the idea popped into my head to create a little gift for the moms too. Cause mom's are always on the back burner. lol
Tip~ When creating a mini album like this I try to make each piece have a different looking end so once it's put together it creates and interesting looking edge and stands out.
* I just took another piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock. It was a scrap that I had in the pack. I decorated that piece. I added a tag from the Tag a Bag Accessory Kit.
* Then I wanted to add some color to the project. I pulled out my Bermuda Bay card stock and searched through it for a piece of card stock already cut. I used my Big Shot and retired Adorning Accents Framelit to die cut the top of the Bermuda Bay card stock.
* I stamped the end using the You Plus Me Stamp Set.
* At the top I added a Basic Hodgepodge Clip.
* I stamped the heart from You Plus Me Stamp Set and punched it out using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.
* I created a journal tag next. It's important to journal something on all your scrapbook projects. I stamped the images from You Plus Me and Hello Life Stamp Sets.
* I pulled out another piece of Crisp Cantaloupe scrap piece to use. Using up scraps makes it really easy to create a cute little mini album.
* To make the top different I added a piece of 3/4 Basic Black Chevron Ribbon at the top and stapled it.
* I created another piece using Basic Black and Crisp Cantaloupe card stock.
* For a different edge I punched the top of the Basic Black card stock with Heart Border Punch.
* I stamped the images from You Plus Me Stamp Set again.
* To tie in the Bermuda Bay color I added a piece of Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim.
Tip~ You want the colors to balance out on your completed project.
Once I was done creating all the pieces I then need some way to hold it all together. I created a little pouch to slide everything in.
* To create it I cut down a piece of Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper. Then I scored it half and stapled each side. I used the stamp from You Plus Me Stamp Set and stamped it in Stazon White Pad.
* To tie in the Bermuda Bay color and balance it I wrapped some Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim around.
* I stamped the love from Hello Life Stamp Set onto a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock. I die cut it out using the Big Shot and Project Life Card Labels to create a tag. Then I finished it by tying Thick Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's Twine around it.
I am really happy with how it turned out! I hope you will try creating your own little mini album. There is no wrong way to create it!
Stamp~ You Plus Me, Hello Life
Ink~ Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Bermuda Bay, Memento Pad Tuxedo Black, Stazon White Pad
Paper~ Basic Black, Crisp Cantaloupe, Bermuda Bay, Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper Stack
Acc.~ Big Shot, Project Life Card Labels, Adorning Accents Edgelit (Retired), Heart Border Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Stacked With Love Washi Tape, Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim, Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker's Twine, Basic Black 3/4 Chevron Ribbon, Bermuda Bay Blendabilities, Project Life Pens, Basic Hodgepodge Clips, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Tag a Bag Accessory Kit, Handheld Stapler, Silver Mini Staples
HOSTESS CODE: TDH79SWN
Use this Hostess Code and receive a free gift!! (Please don't use the hostess code if your order is $150 or more)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!